Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cisco says the Internet of Things (they say Everything) will add $14 trillion of value over the next 10 years; where do they get these numbers?

If you have read this blog over the last few weeks then you know I am an unashamed booster for everything IoT but when I saw the quote from Cisco about IoT adding over $14 trillion of value in the next 10 years I had to take a closer look.  Cisco has created a value index which describes how they came up with the numbers, you can read it here: http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ac79/docs/innov/IoE-Value-Index_External.pdf

Cisco's Internet of Everything concept seems to cover a much broader set of applications and markets than what I normally refer to as IoT but their estimates are by their own admission are very conservative so we could be on the right track.  here are the areas where value will be derived:


For me the real test is seeing real use cases that generate tangible savings or value.  I am now on a mission to find some and will write them up here.  Have you found any?

No comments:

Post a Comment